The rarity of histiocytic disorders makes it difficult for patients and families to have the opportunity to meet and share with others who understand what they are going through. It is common for patients and families to feel alone and hopeless as they face the devastating effects of histiocytic disorders. Regional Meetings offer the opportunity to learn the latest information about histiocytic disorders through a presentation from experts and to connect with other patients and families in your region. The informal atmosphere invites the sharing of personal experiences and the offering of emotional comfort and moral support.
Our in-person regional meetings are temporarily postponed until further notice to protect the safety of all involved. We look forward to gathering together in-person again in the future! In the meantime, we have periodic virtual webinar opportunities to attend live and view on-demand in our Webinars section above.
Benefits of Participating:
- Feel less lonely, isolated or judged
- Gain a sense of empowerment
- Improve your coping skills
- Talk openly and honestly about feelings
- Reduce distress, depression or anxiety
- Develop a clearer understanding of what to expect with your situation
- Get practical information about treatment options
- Learn about better patient care
- Improve caregiver wellness